I help a range of organisations to solve tough business growth, technology and transformation challenges through my consulting and advisory firm ROCKET + COMMERCE.
I’m able to do this having worked at the intersection of law, technology, and business for over 20 years. I have done this wearing many different hats including as a management consultant, barrister/solicitor, strategy & operations manager, start-up COO, university researcher/lecturer, and entrepreneur.
From advising CXOs on new venture commercialisation, to selling and implementing complex billion-pound IT outsourcing deals with Accenture, to being in the trenches as a co-founder testing new UX/UI, to advising on IT/IP issues of global M&A deals, to publishing academic papers and advising governments on emerging internet legal and regulatory issues. Each year I keep adding exciting new projects to this list.
This diversity across multiple continents has provided fantastic exposure to many emerging and disruptive technologies since 2000 including e-commerce, online, mobile, IoT, SaaS, Automation, Cloud, Data & Analytics, and many more.
Summary professional experience is below (and more on Linkedin):
- Founder of ROCKET + COMMERCE, a consultancy focused on transformation in the legal, professional services, and technology sectors;
- Author of REIGNITE! From Crisis to Opportunity in a COVID World (view the free eBook here).
- Co-founder of The Social Experiences Club, one of the first EU start-ups providing an online and mobile marketplace to find and book unique activities and experiences (2011-15)
- Management consultant with Accenture’s TMT consulting practice in London (2006-2011)
- Barrister and solicitor in private practice and as in-house counsel (I was admitted in 2003 to the NSW Supreme Court)
- Lecturer at Queensland University of Technology (I launched, taught and ran the new e-Commerce law course for undergraduates and post-graduates between 2002-2004)
- Research Fellow at QUT (you can read old work published in academic journals here or new work here)
- Blogger and writer covering topics at the intersection of business and technology here at andrewessa.com